Altivar Machine ATV320 is designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of machines in a wide variety of applications, while optimising design and engineering costs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
Enhanced automation capabilitiesThe Altivar Machine ATV320 has a number of features to increase the performance of today's machines:
- Enhanced open-loop motor control with simplicity via auto-tuning feature for asynchronous and synchronous motors, providing excellent low speed and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications
- Advanced connectivity with automation architectures such as CANopen, EtherNet/IP - Modbus TCP, EtherCAT, Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet.
- Application specific functions and ATVLogic bring application expertise and flexibility into the machine.
Extended machine availabilityThe Altivar Machine ATV320 variable speed drives carry on their predecessors’ tradition of robustness and reliability.
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions, or mechanical disturbances. Ability to work in ambients up to 60°C with de-rating and 50°C without de-rating.
- Maximised machine operation time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics and operation, network configuration, and system integration can all to be accomplished quickly.
Reduced total machine costThe Altivar Machine ATV320 improves the bottom line of the machine builders:
- Reduced installation costs, with both Book and Compact form factors reducing machine footprint, whether mounted in a machine frame or in an electrical cabinet
- Fewer additional devices needed to manage machine safety and simple logic functions, as both are managed internally within the drive
- Reduced engineering and design time thanks to ready-to-use, PLCopen-compliant libraries and tested, validated, documented architectures (TVDAs) available through Schneider Electric’s MachineStruxure solutions
Two form factors; Book and Compact engineered for easy, cost-effective integration with various machine layouts and for placement inside either cabinets or machine frames.
Advanced connectivity enables integration with many of the most common Ethernet and serial-based communication networks, from EtherNet/IP to CANopen, complementing integration with Schneider Electric’s MachineStruxure solutions and facilitating PLCopen compliance.
Reliably accurate motor control of both asynchronous and synchronous motors.
Robust design with IEC 60721-3-3 class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to extend machine availability in harsh environmental conditions, and continuous operation at ambient temperatures of up to 60°C (with de-rating).
Comprehensive embedded safety with, in addition to Safety Torque Off, four advanced safety functions for full safety monitoring to simplify machine certification and compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Altivar Machine ATV320 redefines performance in the following applications:
- Packaging machines
- Material handling
- Textile machines
- Material working
- Mechanical actuators (pumps, fans, compressors...)